How to collect extended application logs
To troubleshoot complex issues, our support team might need extended application logs.
Here is how you can collect them:
- Go to edit menu/settings/advanced and check "Enable extended logging". This will turn on the logging of requests and responses from the server. Sensitive data will be masked.
- Repeat the action that you had trouble with (e.g. connecting to a new server).
- Put the log folder into an archive and attach this archive to a private support ticket. Location of the log folder:
- Windows: %AppData%\CatLight\logs
- MacOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Catlight/logs
- Linux: ~/.config/Catlight/Logs
See also: information about CatLight log files.